Apply as a Producer
APPLY AS A PRODUCER
We are looking for farmers and producers to bring their quality goods to the online marketplace. The online store gives you the opportunity to tell your story, list your products, sell and post directly to your customers all via our secure platform. You can now do this every day of the week, with the added benefit of sharing the site space with some of the best Australian produced products, regional delicacies and cottage-industry items. An initiative developed by Australia Post, with the support of the Victorian Farmers' Markets Association (VFMA), Farmhouse Direct is specifically set-up to give you another outlet to sell to customers
As a Farmhouse Direct producer you will have access to:
- Exclusive preferential postage rates
- National marketing and PR support
- Your own online stall which profiles your produce and lists your items for sale
- Easy and direct management your web content
- A market allowing your existing and new customers to purchase from you directly via a secure eCommerce website
PRODUCER SELECTION PROCESS
You can register your interest if you:
- Sell products that you have grown locally or have been made from Australian sourced produce
- Sell a range of non-perishable products or currently send perishable produce, appropriately packaged, through Australia Post
- Are not a reseller
- Are a registered business within Australia and adhere to all relevant health and food safety laws and regulations
Note: If you have a perishable product that you can’t currently post through the Australia Post system, we will be able to discuss an exception for you. If you would like to discuss other delivery channels you use or are considering, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
THE APPLICATION FORM
Be sure to enter information in all the mandatory fields. This will allow us to assess your interest to see if you are suitable for inclusion on the site.
Here are some tips on specific fields:
- Product categories and range can change over time; please select and enter what you believe will be the main types of products you would be selling.
- Be careful to enter the correct trading name for your stall, as this will be used to create your unique URL.
- Raw Ingredients percentages – these don’t need to be exact, as long as the estimates add up to 100%.
- “Are you ready to trade online?” – estimate how long you think you may need to set up your stall as an indication to us. This won’t be set in stone.
- “Tell us how to reach you” – this should be your contact details which may or may not be the same as your business details. We will use this information to contact you regarding your stall.
- The email address you enter in “Tell us how to reach you” will be used as your login username.
- Social media links – these will not be displayed on your stall, but we may use them for promotional purposes.
AFTER THE APPLICATION
1. Approval process
Once you have registered your interest, our staff will review your application and will be in contact to either gather additional information if required or advise if your registration has been accepted.
2. Start selling
If approved, you will receive an email notification of approval and details to get you up and running. You will also be able to view more information to help you set up your stall.
If your application is approved, you will receive an email notification of approval with all the details needed to get up and running.