Lemon Myrtle Shortbread Cookies
Kakadu Plum Co. have taken a simple recipe and added a little lemon myrtle, giving your cookies an extra lemony flavor and aroma. These cookies are great for the kids, afternoon snack, or even to be stored in the freezer for another occasion. Make sure you have yourself good quality butter, a little tip to fabulous cookies.Content information
- Apr 26, 2018
2 cups all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
220 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup powered confectioners’ sugar, and a little more for decorating
1 teaspoon Kakadu Plum Co. lemon myrtle blend
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and salt and set aside
- With an electric mixer (or hand held beater) cream the butter until light and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture followed by the lemon myrtle until a firm dough is formed
- Form dough into a sausage and cover with cling wrap, placing it in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough to about 1cm thickness and cut into shapes of your desire. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden at 180 degrees.
Recipe kindly provided by Kakadu Plum Co.