Slow-cooker pulled pork
The slow cooker is not just for winter! When you have to cook for a crowd in the heat take advantage of your slow cooker - with a bit of organisation you can cut your active cooking time down and keep your kitchen cool too. This classic pulled pork recipe yields a huge amount of tender meat really hits the spot with guests of all ages.Content information
- Mar 09, 2018
1-2KG Pork Shoulder (This depends on what you can find and what will fit in your cooker)
1 x large brown onion (diced)
1 x Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
2 x Tbsp Fresh ground Black Mountain Pepper
1 x Tbsp Garlic powder
1 x Tbsp chilli
1 x Tbsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
1 x Tbsp salt
1/4 cup Brown sugar
250ml Good Quality Barbeque Sauce
1. Combine all of your dry ingredients in a bowl (does not include pork and onion). This is your dry rub.
2. Place the pork shoulder in your slow cooker and rub in your combination of spices turn the pork as you add the rub ensuring that no sides have been missed.
3. Sprinkle the onion over the top of the pork.
4. Cook on low in the slow cooker for 7-8hours depending on the size of the pork shoulder.
5. Once your pork is done place it in a dish and pull apart with two forks.
6. You can use the leftover cooking liquid by reducing over the stove or simply add barbeque sauce to the pork and mix through.
Serve in a soft bun with an acidic and crispy coleslaw/