Raw fingerlime & macadamia cake
Macadamia and Finger Lime are perfect partners making this recipe a real winner in our book. The texture of a creamy base with a hint of citrus will have your taste buds singing. The Finger Lime adds a beautiful zesty flavour with added benefits of Vitamin C.Content information
- Apr 26, 2018
2 cups raw macadamias
14 medjool dates, seeds removed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1½ cups raw macadamias
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp Freeze Dried Finger Lime Powder
1/2 cup raw honey or Maple Syrup
1/2 Punnet of Strawberries/sliced Mango for decorating
For the base:
1. Place all crust ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture holds together. Add some water if the mixture seems to dry.
2. Scoop out mixture and press firmly into a 20cm spring-form pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
For the filling:
1. Heat the coconut oil and honey on the stove. Once the mixture is warm, place the liquid into the food processor.
2. Place the remaining filling ingredients (except the strawberries and mango) into the blender and blend on high until very smooth.
3. Remove the base from the freezer and pour the mixture on top of the base and smooth with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
4. Remove the cake from the freezer and top with Strawberries, diced mango or our Finger Lime Granola.
Can be served frozen or at room temperature.
Recipe kindly provided by The Australian Superfood Co. - adapted from Vanessa Vickery.