A wonderfully warming dish full of tender fish pieces, creamy sauce, veg and golden crispy mash potatoes. Perfect for all the family.
Mash 1kg White Potatoes (peeled & diced into 3cm cubes approx) 1/4cup milk 1Tbsp ofbutter salt pepper
Filling 30g flour 30g butter 4 stalks of spring onion (finely chopped) 450ml milk 1cups carrots, peas & corn mix (frozen) 150g smoked trout (flaked) 150g fresh salmon (chopped into bite-sized pieces) 150g fresh mild white fish (such as barramundi or perch - chopped into bite-sized pieces) 1tsp Dijon mustard 40g chives (about 15 spears - finely chopped) 60g cheddar (grated) 40g cheddar (grated)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180 fan.
2. To make the mash: Heat a large saucepan for about 20 seconds and add your potatoes. Pour enough water into the pot so the potatoes are just covered and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or so - until the potatoes are fork tender.
3. Drain all the water from the pot and return it to the stove over a low heat. Allow the excess water to evaporate from the pot and turn off the heat. Add the butter and half the milk then mash the potatoes. Add the remainder milk a bit at a time, as you mash, using as much or as little as you need to make a smooth and creamy mash. Mix through a pinch of salt and some freshly cracked pepper.
4. To make the filling: Heat, over a low-medium flame, another large saucepan for about 20 seconds then add in your butter, flour and spring onions stiring frequently for a couple of minutes. Turn the heat up to moderate-high and add gradually add your milk in, whisking constantly. Bring the pot to the boil ensuring there are no lumps and that the whole mixture is incorporated. Cook for a few more minutes to thicken.
5. Remove your pot from the heat and add in the remaining ingredients and stir through (except 40g cheddar). Transfer into a large casserole dish or ramikens.
6. Spoon the mash on top of the filling and scrape a pattern with a fork. Sprinkle the 40g of cheddar on top.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden.
We Don't Deliver To Your Area
We Deliver To Your Area
Comunity pickup info
To create your account and begin placing orders click continue. Or you can return to the market to browse our products.
Box Contents for ""
Choose the distance you want to search for a pickup location:
Remove recurring product?
Would you like to remove this recurring item from just this delivery or all future deliveries?
Your payment information
There is no Checkout or Submit button to finalize your delivery. These items will be delivered unless removed. Enjoy!